This week the material has definitely been more challenging than the previous two weeks. I am still wrapping my head around how to implement a lot of the symbols correctly, so it has been difficult to fully understand lecture this week. I did not get the quiz question correct, but I learned a lot in the tutorial and from my mistakes, so I am not very concerned about it. My answers to the questions in the exercise before the tutorial were not very well developed, but redoing the questions after my answers were much better syntactically and semantically. I was previously falling victim to doing things like x>1 when referring to a prerequisite, thinking that it meant there was more than one prerequisite when in fact it means nothing at all.
By taking mathematical expression at the same time as calculus and linear algebra, I am seeing a lot of overlap in the principles of mathematical writing. However, mathematical expression has taken this subject much further than the other two courses mentioned which gives me a great background when writing in symbols for them. Another benefit is mathematical expression gets you used to interpreting math notation which is very common in my linear algebra and calculus textbooks.
To practice this weekend I am going to work through proving that the arithmetic laws that can be transferred to logic are in fact true. I found it very useful when Professor Heap was using Venn diagrams in his explanations, so I will try to devise the proofs in the same way. As well I intend to start the assignment.
No comments:
Post a Comment