Tuesday, 28 October 2014
Proof Example
Greetings I am back! Finally a week without a midterm! I only have the assignment for this course and a linear algebra problem set to do this week, this is practically a week off at U of T. Do you want to know something scary? One of my friends has yet to write any blog posts, and I am not even sure if he has set up blogger! Yikes! In this post I will be writing a nice proof of our quiz 5 question. Last week I did not attend my usual tutorial time because of a time conflict so I got the chance to see another TA do proofs. I can say that for the most part both TA's did proofs the same, but there were a few subtle differences. Anyway, without further ado:
I answered this a bit differently on the quiz by leaving the j variable blank at first and then setting it after I had solved, but I think this way is cleaner and more logical. I have noticed that I am pretty good at algebraic proofs like this one, but still have some trouble with epsilon delta style proofs. Another proof is incoming this week! Until then!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment